My new shop - Craftykin's Curated Vintage Goods



So you might remember me recently talking about the fact that I would love to one day open a little shop selling a mix of vintage and handmade goods? - with a little coffee shop on the side that would sell the best coffee in town?
Or maybe you don't remember that, well anyway, I'm making that dream come just ever so slightly true. It's just online not bricks and mortar, and there's no coffee, sorry, but I am drinking a really good coffee while I type this, if that's any consolation.
 


I've been noticing that there are all these amazing 'curated vintage goods' style shops in the US, it's basically like someone has gone op shopping for you and collected up all the coolest stuff from all the op shops and put it in one place. You know like that awesome thing that you stumble across every so often in amongst all the junk. So it's like a shop of all your best op shopping days! Yes!
So you don't have to spend time searching through all the junk! But most of these cool curated vintage shops don't post their goods overseas - so little old NZ misses out!

 
So I thought I'd check out if anyone was doing the same in New Zealand, but I couldn't really find anything (please do tell me if you know of any!). There are plenty of great vintage and second hand shops around but they still take a bit of sifting through to find the really cool stuff. Of course everyone's style and taste is different but to me really cool looks like bohemian/scandinavian/earthy/handmade kinda, do you know what I mean?

 
So hey, I've decided to make one of these shops myself (I do have a slight problem in that I keep deciding to keep the stuff, must work on that).

 
I've pondered lots on this idea over the last few weeks, and tried to figure out how I could best make it work. My mum has currently taken over my Felt shop with her beautiful handmade things, and anyway, I don't think you can sell vintage stuff on there. My Etsy shop is sitting vacant at the moment so I considered selling it there, but then I open it up to overseas buyers and the postage just gets too expensive to send from way down here in New Zealand. So I've decided to use good old Trade Me for now, and maybe I will open up my own independent online shop at a later date.

 
These photos are just a few of the things that I have listed at the moment. You can find my Trade Me page here and I will be updating it often, so you can save me as a seller if you're interested in being notified when I add new stuff.


I've tried to make the prices reasonable, I don't want it to turn into an expensive antiques store! But I also need to make all my hunting (and shop keeping shenanigans) worthwhile. I've set prices that I would be happy to pay myself (and I'm pretty tight when it comes to spending money haha!) So I hope you agree.

I also have a link to my Trade Me page up at the top of my blog - if you're viewing this on a PC its the VINTAGE SHOP heading at the top. If you're viewing this on your mobile its in the drop down Menu.


So there you have it, I'm quite excited about my little venture, and perhaps, maybe, one day, it will turn into a real life shop, with good coffee.

 
 

1 comment

Mee said...

Well you are going to be able to add a whoooole lot more soon when i bring all your Katikati Op Shop gatherings to you!